Sunday, November 1, 2009

Library Card

So, I have been missing my Library Card for quite some time. I decided it was time to give up the search and purchase a replacement card. Yesterday, I headed down to the local public library and discovered that it was $5 for a replacement, a fair fee, I thought. I was head of the line with a few patrons behind me. The librarian was having a challenge with the new computer system and was unable to over ride my old Library Card. After a few attempts, she asked me if I would mind stepping aside and allowing the other patrons to be served. I had no problem with that at all. I looked around the small library for a short time until the counter cleared. Not having found anything that I wanted to check out, I told the librarian not to worry, that I would get a new card at the main branch. Actually, she told me, she had figured out how to over ride the old card. She gave me my new card. I was taking out my debit card to pay and she said not to bother and thanked me for my patience. She gave me the card without charge. A small thing but a kind thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment