Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hawk

It was a bit of a challenge today to find only one small thing. But I think that I have narrowed it down to the hawk I say on a wire on my way home from work. I love hawks. I love to see them soaring. I love to see them using their hawk eyes to discover prey. But the main reason that I choose the hawk as my one small thing for the day is because of the hawk's location. I discovered him on a quarry road. Both sides of this once quite road are now taken over by large machines with wheels the size of buildings. Pits have been dug so deep that when they are filled with water one would like that it is a small lake. The destruction of the surrounding land has not completely stopped the natural life around. The hawk, today, represented to me the will of nature to survive no matter what human beings do to destroy. One small thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment